Mom, Wife, Chef, Gardener, Dog Wrangler, Mom, Writer, Friend, Daughter, Sister, Mom, Creative Problem Solver, DIY Chick...figuring out life one day at a time.



Saturday, September 4, 2010

Mom/Hairstylist: What not to do

So I went from working full time to being a stay at home mom this year, and while my husband still works all those great twelve hour days in the kitchen, those of you who know the industry know you do it for love, not money. Needless to say we are on a budget, luckily for me I like making things from scratch and being a little DIY. Unfortunately, hair cutting should not be one of those things. My bangs were getting too long, and I figured it wouldn't be too hard to trim them up a little and save myself the money for a haircut. Long story short, epic fail. My bangs are now too short and uneven to boot. I am trying the theory that brightly colored headbands distract from bangs gone horribly awry. While I will continue with many of my DIY projects, hair cutting isn't one of them.

1 comment:

  1. *sigh* I have told myself before I am not allowed to play w/ the scissors but I really didn't want to spend the 60-70 on a damn hair cut myself recently too (we just had to spend a bunch of the car) so I went ahead and did the @ home cut >.< I thought I could weild the buzzer better... now I have SHORT hair (kinda boyish) but Jason thinks it's cute and I keep reminding myself it will grow out quick ;}

    ReplyDelete